Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Rob's Jedi Kitten Emporium!

This is my blogger.com offshoot of a larger project for NYU's technology resources in the arts classroom course. Visit my site here: https://files.nyu.edu/rmg366/public/

The topic for today's blog is my undying love for Soy Cappuccinos. Why soy cappuccinos? Because they're delicious! I began to drink coffee in college. I found that the high workload sent me working long into the night, and that I needed that boost of caffeine to get me through the evening. When I moved back home after college, I found that my dad had purchased a moderately priced expresso machine for the house. Eager, I began to experiment with it.

Before long, I was making espresso, which is a strong and bitter coffee comes in smaller shots than the full cup of Americano coffee. Adding in steamed milk, which I learned to do on my own, I was soon making Lattes and Cappuccinos. Add some special chocolate powder, and you get a Mocha drinks, a special treat for days when you're feeling blue. You can even use shots of flavored syrup to make Vanilla Lattes, Caramel Macchiatos, Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Lattes. The possibilities are endless! I prefer to use sugar free syrup, as too much sugar makes me jittery.

I recently discovered that I am slightly lactose intolerant. While I loved to use regular milk in my coffee creations, too much of it made me bloated and caused indigestion. So I recently switched over to soy milk. It's made from soy beans, but you don't actually milk the beans, so I feel like soy juice is a better name. Although I doubt anyone would want to add soy juice to their coffee! Regardless, soy milk froths beautifully when steamed, and soy lattes are just a tad sweeter than regular lattes with milk, so you can get away with using less sugar. The texture is also more viscous, which leads to a more filling drink.

If you want me to make you one, just ask!

-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment